Developmental Screening Certificate Program
Child Development Institute’s Developmental Screening Certificate Program provides hands on training in observing children, administering developmental screeners, communicating findings and referring families to support services. Incorporated in the program are opportunities to practice these skills through community screenings. The training courses will be held at CDI’s Early Learning Center and practicum is under the supervision of skilled CDI trainers.
The Next Certificate Training Date is TBD
Areas Covered in Program
- Administer and score screeners
- Share the results of developmental screeners with families using a developmental systems model
- Identify and make referrals to the appropriate agency for children and families that need extra support or further evaluation
- Implement the practice of routine screening into your professional role or organization
- Identify and support protective factors for children and families
*The Developmental Screening Certificate is awarded after all training sessions and 30 practicum hours are completed.
Cost & Registration: The cost of the program is $150. If you would like more information or would like to register, please contact, Jamie Olivas, Program Specialist at 818-888-4559 or email JOlivas@ChildDevelopmentInstitute.Org.